Do you remember those animal posters that your first grade teacher had up on her walls? You know, the ones that pictured some poor kitten hanging on a rope or a monkey of some sort looking all crazy like? Underneath it would have some funny phrase about hanging in there or thanking God it was Friday, something that was supposed to be encouraging?
Well right now I feel like that.
It's almost 11 p.m. and unfortunately I'm wide awake. I've been trying for about an hour to will myself to fall asleep, but obviously it wasn't working. I'm not sure whether it was the dinner I ate or the espresso I had at 4:30 this afternoon, but I'm buggin'.
Sleep cannot find me when my mind is the epitome of some ADHD convention.
Here's a list of what's been bouncing off the walls of my brain & keeping me from catching some zzzzzzzzsss:
- We're out of dog food, better make sure to drop by Wal-Mart after I take the kids to school tomorrow, otherwise the dogs will act like they're starving to death.
- Jennifer's wedding is coming up fast, better try to find some new shoes to match my bride's maid dress. Which reminds me, her sister called and I haven't returned her phone call. She wants to talk to me about the bachelorette party. Wonder when that is? The bridal luncheon is this Sunday. But so is the church Thanksgiving potluck dinner. If I make something simple like salad will I be able to do both?
- Payge's birthday party is on Saturday, better remember to stop by the store to get cupcake mix, icing, etc. Better make a list of what I need. Guess I'd better make Friday night my "clean the house" night. The bathroom is horrible, don't want anybody seeing that mess. I'd better dust the house too, it's pretty bad. That might be why Payge's allergies are acting up.
- Payge's DARE graduation is tomorrow, better factor that in to my day.
- Since her birthday is Tuesday I'd better e-mail her teacher about bringing snacks. Better pick up some cookies or something for that, so I don't have to bake them.
- Payge's teacher's birthday is coming up. Since I'm room parent I'd better write a letter to all the parents and ask for donations for a gift. And I'll have to figure out what I'm going to bring. Maybe cupcakes? Shoot, that means more baking. Oh well.
- Kate's music concert is Thursday night. I need to call Dad and Athena and invite them. Maybe Stacy and Kevin will want to come? I wonder if Vannessa has to work that night, she may want to come too. Write that down on my t0-do list for tomorrow.
- Let's see, finished that one transcript I needed to get done by today. Now that leaves five more. How many pages are all those? Probably around 365. All of them need to be done before Thanksgiving, how much time does that give me?
- Leaving for KC on Wednesday night for Thanksgiving. I'm looking forward to that, but there's two days I won't be able to get any work done. Gotta make sure I get everyone packed early on that Wednesday so we can head out before it gets too late.
- Haven't done the checkbook in more than a few days. That worries me. I have no idea how much money we have in there. I've GOT to make time tomorrow to do that.
- Paul still isn't feeling well. I'm not being a very good wife right now, because I really haven't prayed for him today. Seems like we didn't really get to see each other tonight.
- What the heck am I going to make for dinner tomorrow? We've got to leave by 6:00 to be to church on time. What am I going to make on Thursday night, Kate's concert starts at 7 but she needs to be there by 6:45. That doesn't leave much time for homework AND dinner.
- Where in the world could that book be? (See post below). I sure hope it's at school.
- WHY CAN'T I SLEEP?!
2 years ago