Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Life Imitates Art

Katelyn has lost her library book. Not surprising, given that the kid loses everything. What's so ironic about this is the name of the book that she lost. Are you ready for this?

Stella Louella's Runaway Book.

The first line of this book reads: "On Saturday morning, Stella's library book disappeared, as if in a magic act."

This is my life. Two nights of searching, ending in empty hands. Crawling on hands and knees around the house, looking under every piece of furniture we own. The sight of me on all fours is too much for the dogs, they think I'm trying to play.


ARRRGGGHHH!

I think the worst thing about it is Kate's nonchalance about the whole thing. If you know Kate you know exactly what I'm speaking of right now. Sometimes I envy that laid back personality of hers, but not tonight. Tonight it's just ultra irritating.

Maybe I wouldn't be so on edge about it normally, but I've logged twenty-three hours of work in the last two days. At this moment I feel like Bill Murray in "Groundhog Day".

By the way, in the end Stella does find her library book.

Hopefully life will imitate art just a little more.

No comments: