Friday, April 11, 2008

"Develop a passion for learning. If you do, you will never cease to grow."

-- Anthony J. D'Angelo.

So, it's been a little over a month since my last blog. Many reasons for this to have happened, although I won't bore you with listing them.

The above quote really sums up where I'm at right now. I feel like I'm being stretched and molded of late, and I must say it brings so much joy to say that. Just as the season we're in, it's a growing period for me as well.

Some of the things that I've been pondering:

~ Proverbs 29:11 "A fool vents all his feelings, but a wise man holds them back."

~ Luke 10:19 "Look, I have given you authority over all the power of the enemy, and you can walk among snakes and scorpions and crush them. Nothing will injure you."

~ God's glory is found in all things. All things. ALL things. He has the last word. Our circumstances do not throw Him for a loop. He's seen the end of our dilemmas. And at the end of said circumstances and dilemmas I know without a doubt that we will look back and see His glory in those things.

~ Habukkuk 3:17 - 20 "Even though the fig trees have no blossoms, and there are no grapes on the vines; even though the olive crop fails, and the fields lie empty and barren; even though the flocks die in the fields, and the cattle barns are empty, yet I will rejoice in the Lord! I will be joyful in the God of my salvation! The Sovereign Lord is my strength! He makes me as surefooted as a deer, able to tread upon the heights."

~ While sitting in a church service last weekend the Lord stirred my heart and this is the prayer I wrote: Lord, make me the kind of person that when I touch other people they will FEEL Christ, when others look into my eyes they will SEE Christ, and when I speak to others may they HEAR Christ.

~ There have been a couple of worship songs that the Lord has really pressed upon my heart. I find myself humming them throughout the day, or I wake up singing the words, or as I do things around the house I'm singing them in my head. The first one is called "Can't Get Away" by Rush of Fools. The other is "Yes you have" by Leeland.

Yes You Have

Every tree and every stone
Every rushing wind that moans
They sing Your praise
My God, they sing Your praise

Every star and open sky
Tell of Your glory divine
They shout Your praise
They shout Your praise, yeah


You've stolen my heart
Yes, You have!
You've stolen my heart
Yes, You have!
You've wiped away the stains
And broke away the chains
Yes, You have!!

With Your love You set me free
Three nails gave me liberty
So I'll sing Your praise
My God, I'll sing Your praise
Oh, with Your love You forgave my sin
Forgot my past and brought me back again
So I'll sing Your praise
I'll sing Your praise, yeah

If I ascend into the sky
Or hide behind the night
I can not run
Your love is chasing me
If I fall into the sea
Your hand will rescue me
No one will take Your place
Because

This is all for You
Yes, this is all for You
You're the King of the world
You're the King of the world

"Man's mind, once stretched by a new idea, never regains its original dimensions." ~Oliver Wendell Holmes

No comments: